Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Miniature Plastic Pterodactyl

Benjamin whispered to Christopher, "I've been watching it for two hours and it just now sat up and..."

...turned its head!

Goggle-eyed, Christopher reached toward the miniature plastic pterodactyl. "DON'T!" Benjamin shriek-whispered, grabbing Christopher's arm just in time to keep his fingers from touching the long-beaked head.

Blinking, the pterodactyl opened its mouth. Out came the tiniest of sounds: Crock!

"What're you gonna do, Benjy? Are you gonna name it? Will your mom let you keep it?" Questions tumbled out of Christopher's mouth like jellybeans from a candy machine.

"Are you nuts, Chris? Of course Mom won't let me keep it," Benjamin shook his head remorsefully. "Remember the glass dragon? The fire? I'm still spending my allowance on these new curtains."

Christopher interrupted excitedly, "Well, I'll take it."

GRAAAAAAAAWK!

Both boys stared slack jawed as the pterodactyl soared up into the air and right out Benjamin's open bedroom window.


source:
http://www.scribesvalley.com/uwriteitweek269.html


To practice my writing, I've discovered Scribes Valley Publishing's weekly U-Write-It Online Writing Contest/Challenge at http://scribesvalley.com/uwriteit.html

No comments: