Monday, April 7, 2008

A Little Bit Irish

For St. Patrick's Day this year I'm joining in the fun.

My change of heart came when I heard the newscaster say, "Everyone's a little bit Irish on St. Patrick's Day." Before that, I'd never given much thought to where I came from. I am who I am. I'm certainly thankful the grand sires had twinkles in their eyes and my branch of the tree flourished. But, I never gave much thought as to what kind of tree gave me roots. I have different issues concerning trees.

Certain that there's a little Irish in me somewhere, I peer closely at my reflection. Cocking my head, the light brings out some fiery red highlights. Maybe two or three. Hairs, that is. On my face.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm a big fan of potatoes. Smothered in gravy. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll eat anything, with or without gravy.

Green? I like green. There's a lovely patch of green grass in front of my house. With a few bleached spots. That may be my fault.

I'm heading out for the parade anyway. Taking a big drink, my reflection ripples. Just for today, this chihuahua's a little bit Irish Setter!


source: http://www.childrencomefirst.com/littleirish.shtml

No comments: